The main target of this week is to make sure that OGV is cleaned, deployed, and with a mongoDB schema added to Collections. I am already running late, due to some college work, I couldn't complete the previous week's work. Hopefully it would all be completed by the end of this week.
Another day to work on Schema. Today I tackled the user profile schema. After adding a schema to the database, I wasn't able to add a password while creating a user, tried various things. The mistake was that I didn't add options field in schema. It didn't show up in console, for security reasons, that's why it took so much time to find and fix it.
Most of today was spent in doing this only. Got to know various new things like OGV uses another meteor package for status. It may help in showing online users. It isn't shown in app, but backend seems a bit done. Will work on it later on.
Today was a schema day, I had to work on schema for OGV. It took me some amount of time to get started. I had to add another pacakge named collection2 to attach a schema to a collection.
meteor add aldeed:collection2
This pacakge enabled us to attach a schema to the collection, the basic syntax of doing this is by
By the end of the day, I was able to successfully add a valid schema to OgvSettings collection. It contains the admin settings, like mged path and g-obj path
modelsin router.js to validate login before displaying page. The login validation was already in action for other pages.
In the end of the day, I once again tried to create a freeBSD bootable usb, and failed :(
It was chat time with my mentor Inderpreet Singh. I talked about my recent PR to github. And then he offered me to give a FreeBSD VPS for deploying OGV, as I was failing to install on my local machine. It would really boost the deployment, but still I am advised to keep working on installation side by side as it would be a good learning expereince.
Everything looks good for now, it seems that by mid term evaluation I will be able to push all the changes I proposed in my proposal
Today was a good day, I was able to push 4 commits to the OGV repository. The main motive of today was to find and kill all the redundant code in OGV. Summary of today's work is as following:
loggedInUserand used it wherever it was desired.
client/views/model_viewer.js. A complete for loop was written twice, removed it
A lot of errors in console were appearing, I tried to understand them. Came to know that it's related to OAuth's malfunctioning. I earlier removed some part of it to get image on dashboard page. This made me realize that this incomplete code is creating problems at various places, and to better understand it, I should completely remove the code and write it once again. Today I was able to find all the code related to OAuth, and delete what's not required for this moment. It was a hefty task in searching and deleting only the code which is not used in OGV.
By the end of day OGV was free from OAuth. Thus I was able to push only one commit to the repository, and it was deleting malfunctioning OAuth code
I have been working on OGV cleanup in previous days, today I created a another branch in my fork of OGV. Named it
Today I was successful in making my first commit towards cleanup. In this commit, I basically fixed two things